This is one part of our four part series in which we show you how to set up for an outdoor dinner party. See the rest of the videos below.
Beverages are a crucial aspect of outdoor dinner festivities. Your meal could go up in smoke, but your guests will forgive you so long as you have a delicious cocktail at the ready. We say go for sangria. It’s easy, it’s delicious and it’s health… well, it has fruit in it. And that counts for something.
Watch the how-to and see the recipe below.
1 bottle red wine, preferably Spanish
2/3 cup of lemon-flavored vodka
a few sprigs of thyme
1. Fill a pitcher about 1/3 of the way with ice.
2. Add the wine and vodka. Peach brandy also makes a good substitute.
3. Slice the citrus and cube any additional fruit. Pears, apples and oranges are all safe bets.
4. Add a dash of sugar to taste.
5. Pour into glasses and garnish with a slice of lemon or lime and a sprig of thyme.